The Australian Clogging Association (ACA) is an Australia wide organisation of
Clogging dancers and leaders. It provides services
for and promotes the growth of clogging groups throughout Australia. The ACA
encourages standardisation of cues throughout Australia by producing a Dictionary
of steps and a cuesheet coordinator is available to check cuesheets.
Clogging - Dance, Fun and Friendship
- To champion innovation, creativity and diversity in the field of clogging dance style.
- To advocate and demonstrate high standards of professionalism in the field of clogging dance style.
- To promote and develop clogging to the wider community.
- To ensure the stability and sustainability of the Association.
- To encourage participation for all ages, at all levels of clogging with a focus on good mental and physical health and above all having Fun.
- To encourage and promote leadership and fellowship within the Association and local community clubs throughout Australia.
The ACA runs the premier clogging event of the year in Australia - the Australian National Convention.
Committee & Other Contacts
Click on these links for more information about the Committee and State Representatives, other ACA Contacts or how to become a member of the ACA.
To contact the ACA from within Australia please ring toll free on 1300 780 017, send an email to the secretary or write to PO Box 775 CO667, Cherrybrook NSW 2126.
Hall of Fame
The Australian Clogging Association's Hall of Fame was established in 1998 to honour those members who had made significant contributions to the Association and to clogging in Australia, over and above that which would normally be expected. Inductees receive a special plaque and the honour of Life Membership of the Association.
Inductees into the Hall of Fame, and the year of their induction, are as follows:
Download the Australian Clogging Associations Brief History by clicking the link.